Q. How do I edit a transcript in Echo360?
You should take the opportunity to edit your transcript before you apply them as closed captions. Transcripts are generated using Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), which is an imperfect technology and can only detect English. You will want to check the transcripts on all of your videos to make sure they are accurately reflecting what the speaker in the video is saying. It is a best practice of Universal Design for Learning to include accurate captions on all of your videos.
Follow these steps to edit a transcript:
- First, find the video in your library and click on it.
- When the details of your video open, click on the Edit Transcript link below the video.
- Once the editor opens, click Edit Transcript on the upper right hand side of your screen.
- You can now edit the transcript directly by clicking on the word you want to change.
- You can playback the video to listen to the audio while you edit. Toggle on the "pause while typing" switch to make this easier.
- Use the search feature to find specific words.
- If ASR frequently misspelled a word, search for it, then click the down arrow next to the search icon. Enter the correct word and click replace all.