Q. Where are public access computers?
In the library, we've got PCs in the Atrium (Main Level) and SLEC (Stacks Level) and Macs in WEC (Main Level).
You can also use the virtual desktops (same software as the Atrium PCs) from anywhere by following these instructions:
- In a browser (Google Chrome or Firefox preferred) on a desktop computer, open https://extdesktop.wheatoncollege.edu/
- On the right side of the page, select VMware Horizon HTML Access.
- Enter your Wheaton wID and password. Click Login.
- Double click on the Public Desktops icon. Be patient, since it can take 45 seconds for the virtual desktop to appear.
- Double click the Logoff icon when you are done. Select Yes to leave the session.
The virtual desktops have the following software:
- Bloodshed Dev C++
- Microsoft Office
- Google Earth Pro
- Ampac Semichem
- Oxygen XML